ORLANDO, Fla., May 2, 2017 – Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT) recognized 32 small business suppliers, out of thousands from across the nation, who have made significant contributions to its Missiles and Fire Control business area’s products and services.
For more than 20 years, Lockheed Martin has annually celebrated small business suppliers providing quality goods and services, and outstanding support.
“Lockheed Martin is fortunate to have incredible small business partners that help us produce superior defense systems and advanced technologies to support the warfighter,” said John Varley, vice president of global supply chain at Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control. “We rely on these companies every day and are glad to recognize their commitment to quality and accountability to help our industry team deliver innovative solutions to our customers.”
Companies are selected based on a number of factors, including ability to consistently deliver reliable, quality parts, products, and services on time that meet contractual requirements at competitive prices, the ease of working with the supplier, the alignment of the supplier’s values with Lockheed Martin’s, and the supplier’s ability to solve problems.
For 2016, the outstanding small business providers are (organized by state):
- Accurate Machine & Tool Corporation, Madison, Alabama
- A.F. Technologies, Inc., Arlington, Texas
- B&M Painting Co., Inc., Camden, Arkansas
- B.E. Meyers & Co., Inc., Redmond, Washington
- Drytech, Inc., Cookstown, New Jersey
- Evans Mechanical, Inc., Endicott, New York
- Extreme Engineering Solutions, Inc., Middleton, Wisconsin
- Hohl Industrial Services, Inc., Tonawanda, New York
- Jewell Instruments, Manchester, New Hampshire
- Jones Metal Products Company, West Lafayette, Ohio
- Leading Technology Composites, Wichita, Kansas
- Liberty Construction Co., LLC, Montgomery, Alabama
- M&S Machining, Lexington, Kentucky
- Mercury Systems, Inc., Phoenix, Arizona
- New Source Corporation, Orlando, Florida
- Ojeda’s Technical Solutions, Gilroy, California
- Owens Machine and Tool Company, Lewisville, Texas
- Port Electronics Corporation, Salem, New Hampshire
- Progressive Tool Company, Endwell, New York
- PTMW, Inc., Topeka, Kansas
- PWBA Architects, Inc., Montgomery, Alabama
- RAM, Inc., Cisco, Texas
- Reynolds Systems, Inc., Middletown, California
- Schmiede Corporation, Tullahoma, Tennessee
- Southland Precision, Inc., Brownsboro, Alabama
- Technical Sales & Applications, Inc., Oviedo, Florida
- Technology Assessment & Transfer, Inc., Annapolis, Maryland
- TEVET LLC, Moshiem, Tennessee
- The Harva Company, Inc., Schoharie, New York
- Thomas Instrument, Brookshire, Texas
- Trust Automation, Inc., San Luis Obispo, California
- Victory Supply Co. Inc., Apopka, Florida
This month, Lockheed Martin was recognized by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) with the Dwight D. Eisenhower Award for Excellence. The award is the SBA’s most prestigious honor for large prime contractors that excel in working with small businesses as suppliers and subcontractors. This year the SBA honored Lockheed Martin with this award for its efforts to maximize small business participation in manufacturing.
About Lockheed Martin
Headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that employs approximately 97,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services.